- Critical Care (ER or ICU) Registered Nurse, Vancouver Island (Casual/On Call)
- Primary Care Paramedic, Vancouver Island (Casual/On Call)
- Paramedic Air Medical Case Manager, Parksville (Fulltime Position, Shift Work Required)
Paramedic Case Managers (EMR/PCP)
This is an exciting opportunity for a career minded paramedic in the field of international air medical case management and global air medical transport. From our base in Parksville, we coordinate hundreds of global medevac responses each year. You will combine your skills and experience in the out of hospital healthcare field and transition into a role of coordinating global air ambulance and medevac response, the movement of both stable and critically ill patients around the world. Each and every day you will work as part of a high performance team. As a paramedic, you will also use your skills, abilities and talents when called upon to fly as a member of an Air Medical Crew, to undertake ground ambulance transfers as required, and to work around the world on international airline stretcher cases and commercial airline medical escort missions.
This position is both in the field as a Paramedic and in our in our communications centre, as a communications specialist, where you will apply your paramedic skills and background to dispatching and coordinating our global missions in accordance with our Standard Operating Procedures. You will use your clinical skills, judgement insight to coordinate the safe and effective movement of our patients.
To qualify for an interview, you must have a valid paramedic license (from any province, which can be transferred to BC and registered with the EMA licensing branch), a Class 4 drivers license, passport, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated computer knowledge (outlook, excel, word). You will be assessed on your computer and communication skills as part of our hiring procedures. You must be proficient.
This is a full time, career position with an internationally accredited air medical firm. Our offices are based in Parksville, British Columbia.
Face to face interviews will take place in January, in Parksville with hiring decisions made shortly thereafter. Shift work, weekends, and evenings are required, as is the ability to travel globally on short notice.
Air Medical Flight Crew
Join our team and see the world in this exciting opportunity as a casual Flight Nurse or Primary Care Paramedic with LIFESUPPORT Air Medical Services, Inc. We are a world leading, internationally accredited air medical transport firm based here, locally on Vancouver Island. Our medevac aircraft is based at the Nanaimo airport, and our Flight Nurses travel the world on any one of the hundreds of missions we fly each year, on our air ambulance or by commercial airline.
Recruitment is happening now for our Nanaimo medevac base, for training to commence in January 2018.
Registered Nurse Requirements:
- Current CRNBC Registration with minimum 3 years experience in an ICU/CCU or ER setting
- Current CPR and ACLS and related certifications
Primary Care Paramedic Requirements:
- Current EMA License to the PCP level (or ability to transfer license to BC)
- Current CPR and related certifications
- Valid Passport, ability to work shiftwork, and to travel overseas
- Positive attitude, demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Training is provided in house by our Clinical Education Team. New recruit orientation commences in January 2018.
How to Apply
Sorry, no phone calls please.